Old October 6th 07, 06:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Default Amber follows the sun.

---MIKE--- wrote:
During the middle of the day, the sun shines on the carpet in the
living room. Amber leaves her (heated) window seat and likes to lie
in the sun - following it as it moves. She starts to go to the usual
spot even on cloudy days but doesn't stay there very long.

Persia follows the sun. Cats like to have that warmth. It doesn't matter
how hot it is in the summer, which makes me rather uncomfortable (heh) and
feeling hot and sticky. Persia is a heat-seeking missile. She has to curl
up next to me even if I'm sweating like I've been walking the Mohave desert
for 10 miles. She curls up next to me as if *I* were the sun itself. While
this is a pleasant thing, having my cat snuggle close to me... I also
require a FAN on high, blowing cool air all over us. Persia is a wonderful
cat. But my god, you'd think she was generating enough heat to power a
steel mill.

Jill