Old June 1st 12, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default She Bit Me!

Takayuki wrote:

Persia doesn't like to be picked up. (I think she associates it with being
shoved in a carrier which usually means being carted off to the vet.) I
really don't know what possessed me. She just looked so cute and I wanted
to cuddle! Now I have two nice puncture wounds on my hand. OUCH!

Ow! Does she like being held? Because I've heard of some cats that object
to being picked up, but actually like being held. Maybe if you kneel down
and just sort of "gather" her into your arms, she'd find that less jarring.

Buster's a bit like that. He sometimes gets a bit panicky when picked up, I
think because he doesn't like having his legs unsupported. He's kicked me
in the chest before, in his struggle to find a foothold. He likes being
held though.

Could you hold him in such a way that you do support his legs? I pick up
Roxy when I'm actually carrying her someplace (she doesn't seem to mind
that as much), and I usually have one of my arms around her back and the
other under her butt. Her upper body is over my shoulder and her legs are
against my torso. That seems to give every part of her something to rest
on/against.

--
Joyce

A conservative is one who admires radicals centuries after they're dead.
-- Leo Rosten