Old January 30th 06, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Low-phosphorus cat food

wrote in message
oups.com...
Phil P. wrote:
But Steve, you *know* Fancy Feast and Friskies make *many* lower

phosphorus
diets. You should have mentioned that fact rather than imply all their

diets
are high in phosphorus.

That's a toughie.

No, its actually simple.

On one hand, he works for Science Diet, a rather
small company compared to Nestle[Purina] that specializes in food for
felines and canines. That company actually provides listings that
almost all the others cannot be bothered to.

I know you can't be including N/P because they publish complete nutrient
profiles for all their diets. In fact, many companies will send you the
nutrient profiles of their diets if you ask for them.

You don't really think Hill's has all their diets analyzed, do you? They're
only required to test the "lead" member of the product family. Haven't you
every wondered why the nutrient values of their diets never change? Or do
you actually believe every batch of every diet is exactly the same?

On the other hand, I cannot see how a handful of their many product

constitute *many* lower phosphorus diets

Must be a pretty big hand! About 20 of NP diets are lower to acceptable
phosphorus levels-- that's more diets than most companies' entire product
lines.