Old March 16th 06, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Not like him, but like him

I've heard they only spray if there are other males around, and they feel
the need to 'mark' to warn the other male off. Perhaps this is why he
doesn't...it's safe, so to speak.

Or maybe it's that Nocturne so totally whipped his ass in the first few
days that he knew better then to attempt to claim any of the territory.

It took him a few months to settle in and stop acting like we were
going to throw him out without warning/shove him off furniture/not feed
him.

Incidentally, we DID neuter him, but it took about 2 months. I was on
military service, DP was working, then after I came back from the base,
we went away for three weeks and left Smokey in my dad's care. He was
neutered soon after we returned.

--Fil