Old June 5th 04, 12:05 AM
Takayuki

Default Getting used to the cat

Is there ever a point when you finally get used to your cat? I've had
Betty for over a year now, and I haven't gotten used to it.

Every day I spend with Betty feels like the very first day. When she
strolls into the room, I'm just stunned by how beautiful and catlike
she is. When I stroke her fur, I can hardly believe how soft she is,
even though it's the same fur I petted yesterday, and the day before
that. When I pick her up and hold her, it always seems like it's been
ages since I've given her a hug.

I just don't know if I'll ever get used to having Betty. She's not
like anything else in my life. She seems miraculous, maybe even
divine. Her nose is so cool and moist. Her paws are so supple and
smooth. Looking into her bright, bright eyes is like gazing at stars
in a sky made of gold. I don't know if I'll ever get used to having a
cat.