Old September 17th 13, 03:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default When walking back (OT)

jmcquown wrote:

I used to know people who would occasionally smoke pot on their lunch
break in high school (1970's).

Ah, the "dazed and confused" generation.

I have a sneaking suspicion my Dad tried it when he was in Vietnam.

If that's all he did drug-wise, he was lucky. Lots of vets came back from
Vietnam with serious heroin habits.

Mom once asked me what it was like to smoke pot. I stammered, "uh,
uh... ask my brothers!"

LOL. I have to tell you about my family. We were all degenerates. My dad
smoked pot when I was still in high school. My sister and I would raid his
stash from time to time - what was he going to do, confront us? Then he'd
have to admit that he was smoking it, too. We only did it when we were
out of our own, because the stuff he had was terrible, probably home-grown.
I lived in Massachusetts, so "home-grown" was synonymous with poor quality.
It wasn't like sunny California. Also, it was a long time ago, before the
stuff was bred to be stronger. On the other hand, you could buy an ounce
for $20.

After all the experimentation, my dad was the only one who had developed
a real habit. He continued to smoke and do other drugs for years after the
rest of us had decided we'd had enough. I don't think he's still doing it,
not after his quintuple bypass 10 years ago. In spite of all that (the
years of various drugs and smoking cigarettes), he's in surprisingly good
health now. Well, physically. Psychologically, the picture isn't so rosy.
Which is why I steer clear of him most of the time.

--
Joyce

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me,
for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either. Just leave me
the hell alone. -- Unknown