Old January 20th 09, 08:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
[email protected]

Default Is 5F cold?

On Jan 18, 9:52*pm, "dejablues" wrote:

Hey ": Give up your FIOS account and pay your heating
bills, *or stop trolling for sympathy, asshat.

Might be that he is using the Public Library - free, warm and mostly
clean. Might be that he has been laid off from a no-benefits job -
there are a few of those going around. Might be that he skimps on heat
to feed the cat. Might be a bunch of stuff before a FIOS account comes
into play.

We purchased our house last March after a foreclosure. The previous
owners had two businesses and one very good 'regular job'. However,
the regular job was as an architect, the two businesses were in
commercial furniture and commercial office operating supplies -
equipment and hardware, not paper clips and copier stock. Their
combined income was over $200,000K in 2004.

Then their child got sick. Then the architect job (and its benefits)
went away. Then the commercial office furniture business job dried up
and with it the other business as well. And we wound up with the house
they had lived in for three years at considerably less than half what
they had paid for and put into it. From the RED TAG on the boiler,
during the last two of those three years, they did not heat the house
either - and I had to replace 17 of 32 radiators and the central
boiler before we could move in as a result. They also mothballed 2
bathrooms due to failed pipes.

We found this out all after-the-fact - but the point is that
conditions can change suddenly and seriously through no fault of the
individuals involved. May you _NEVER_ face such conditions yourself,
for if you did with your poisonous attitude you will suffer mightily.
Or, did you inherit Daddy's money and so have no need to work?

It is a good thing - for which I am thankful every minute of every day
- that I am healthy, handy and have a good job with a good income. Nor
do I think for one hummingbird heartbeat that this is a permanent
condition.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA