Old June 1st 10, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Persia Update - Thyroid Check

jmcquown wrote:
I took Persia to her regular vet to get her thyroid levels checked. The
vet is thrilled! Her thyroid levels are perfect. Happy Dance! Persia
is about 12.5 lbs. Also perfect

Unfortunately, she threw up in her carrier on the way home. I think she
gets herself so worked up (what with constantly yowling) it makes her
sick to her stomach. I've figured out how to tell when she's going to
get sick. It's a different sound than I normally hear if, say, she's
about to hork up a hairball. She's still crying, but in a very low,
gutteral voice she says, "Meow-ma. Meow-Ma! MEOW-MA!" It's like she's
saying, "Get me out of here! I'm going to be sick!" Unfortunately
there's not a heck of a lot I can do in a moving car going 50 MPH on a
busy but only 2-lane highway

When we got home I rushed her [carrier] into the bathroom. I learned my
lesson the last time, I ran to the one *without* the litterbox! This
time, though, I was able to just use a damp washcloth and only had to
wipe off her paws. Somehow for the remainder of the ride home she
managed to scrunch herself up into a tiny (heh) ball to avoid the
vomit. She just had a little bit on her paws from where she was anxious
to jump out when I unzipped the top. And she was *very* good about
letting me wipe off her paws.

I took the carrier outside, unzipped the side and stuck a hose in from
the top opening and rinsed it all out. Then I wiped it down well with
disinfectant wipes. (No, I'm not worried about using them. She won't
be in the carrier again for quite a long time.)

Sherpa bags are very nice but it's too bad the carrying handles are
tricked out with leather. It would be great to be able to just throw it
in the washer. At least it's made of flexible mesh and the bottom panel
is covered with vinyl. The fleece liner is washable. But apparently
she scrunched that back in the corner when she knew she was going to get
sick. Not a drop on it! What a smart girl!

Jill

using the washing machine -- makes me wonder "why not"? Would it
really damage the leather that much" Cows and horses don't seem to
shrink in the rain LOL, Wondering? Purrs for Persia's wellbeing. MLB