Old May 1st 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default OT Right not to life!!

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

kraut / larry stark wrote:

You know when someone reaches that certain point in their life where
their quality of life just is not what it should be we should have the
right to end it if that is what we want without anyone telling us what
we should do!!! Right now it takes more then I have to go day after
day and for what?!?!? I messed up the first time but not again!!! Life
is not worth it after a certain point!!!

I'd say that would depend upon your reason for ending it all. Revenge?
"I'll show them all"? "They'll be sorry when I'm dead"? Consider the
guilt many people feel when a loved once commits suicide, and spare THEM
the pain (however great your own may be).

If someone is planning suicide for revenge, then the guilt and pain
is *exactly* what they want, so asking them to consider it probably
won't be much of a deterrent. In that case, I'd ask them to consider
the fact that while they might cause pain to the people who hurt
them, they're not going to be around to enjoy it, so what's the point?

However, there was nothing in kraut's post that made me think he was
out for revenge.

Joyce

--
I'm in favor of animal liberation. Why? Because I'm an animal.
-- Edward Abbey