Old October 9th 03, 11:47 PM
Mike Romain

Default When is it ok to fix a pregnant Queen?

Ok....

We got left this nice little outdoor black and white by a tenant in our
basement that disappeared.

She was quite pregnant it would seem as she had kittens shortly after.

This was in April of this year. She hadn't even finished weaning that
batch and was obviously pregnant again.

Well she is still milking the last 2 of a 5 batch and is very obviously
knocked up again!

Man oh man....

Is it ok to have her fixed when she is still milking or when she is
pregnant?

I mean, I don't mind the kittens, they are neat and we always have folks
that want them because the mother is such a sweetheart, but enough is
enough....

She is bringing 3 or 4 mice in a day for the kittens to play with and
they lose some of them. Came out this morning with 2 mice sitting on my
recliner chair. Quite alive and fast to scoot too.

Thanks for your opinions,

Mike