Old March 22nd 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default [OT] Cyclone Larry update

Purrs on the way.
Ann

see pictures of Sam at http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ann791/my_photos

"Yowie" wrote in message
If any of you folks were wondering about Cyclone Larry, the Category 5
cyclone (hurricane) that hit north east Australia a few days ago, there
was
massive property damage, but no loss of human life. Unfortunately, the
banana and sugar cane crops have been totalled, and except for tourism,
the
economy is pretty much based on those two crops. Its going to be a very
tough year for people up there in Innisfail and surrounds. Still, the
people
seem to be in good spirits (as far as one can be) and our government is,
much to my surprise, appearing to be relatively generous to those who find
themselves homeless and/or jobless. Most won't have power for a few weeks,
some in the remote areas probably won't have power for months (with water
and sewerage implications that go with that), and at the moment relief
efforts and the delivery of same are being hampered by yet more heavy
rain.

If you can spare a thought/purr/prayer and/or get the bloody rain to ease
up for the people hit by our version of Katrina, they'd surely appreciate
it. There will probably be some sort of disaster appeal sooner or later,
I'll post details when I know.

Yowie