Old January 7th 09, 08:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

Default Kitty Farmcat gives cause for concern

Purrs on the way from here.
"Christina Websell" wrote in message
She's been so well over the past few months that I haven't said much here
about her. There are not any anecdotes to tell as she mainly sleeps by
the fire or on the spare bed, gets up for meals and drinks and sometimes
jumps on my knee and purrs her huge purr. She never goes out now,
although she could if she wanted.
She's been sneezing for the past couple of days. This morning she only
ate half her breakfast roast chicken and tonight she refused her chicken
completely and retired back in front of the fire. If she does not eat
tomorrow she will have a visit to TED. She had a severe upper respiratory
tract infection last year, so bad that TED was "discussing her future"
with me as she had diarrhoea too and was dehydrated.
It's very bad when TED discusses the future. It means Rainbow Bridge is
in sight and he told me to consider it then. However I found out that
cats with a bad URTI swallow their mucus and it can give them diarrhoea,
add to that she was wandering and getting lost and in a way I don't blame
TED for thinking it was time.
I knew it was not *time* so I insisted he treated her for her URTI and her
diarrhoea. He was a little reluctant - he could not see past her age at
first but he did it and she made a complete recovery.
I know she will not be with me for much longer, she is 24 now after all
and she has CRF which seems to be managed quite well with the rehydration
fluid that she agrees to drink very heartily.
It's just that damn infection she keeps getting that gives her that
blocked and runny nose. If she can't smell her food, she won't eat it.
TED said last time that her immune system is compromised - read it doesn't
work well - because of her extreme age. I knew that.
KFC could use a few purrs.

Tweed