Old January 4th 15, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Got through the holidays...

Thanks for the cards, everyone!

I lost Persia in August, 2014 but I didn't realize the holidays would
tug on my heart. I'm not big on holiday decorating but I always used to
hang a stocking for her. I'd put catnip and little toy mousies in it.
I saw that stocking in the closet and sighed. No toys for Persia.

I'm still not ready to be owned by another cat. Occasional BCT's and
comic relief moments aside, Persia was as close to "perfect" a cat as I
could ever imagine. Sweet and snuggly, with beautiful grey fur as soft
as a bunny.

When I would lie on the couch reading she'd be right next to me,
purring. My SO commented more than once about how she'd gaze at me
adoringly. Yes, she did! And I'd gaze back, slow blinks, and give her
scritches. I love you too, Persia.

She didn't jump on my dinner table or kitchen countertops. When I
mentioned this in another ng some people insist she *must* have gotten
up on the countertops. They said she just didn't do it when I was at
home. Sorry, but I know she didn't. Persia was never much of a jumper.
High places didn't interest her.

"People food" didn't interest her, either. She did get irritated when I
spent much time in the kitchen. Hey, I could have been giving her
scritches instead! There were no soft places for her to lounge in the
kitchen. She'd walk around meowing at me. Come on, let's go in that
other room. Either the one with the couch or my crackle sack by the
computer.

Lesley's post about the pouch of sardine food and calling for Sarsi made
me think of this: One day a couple of months ago I went into a nearby
store. It was always my routine to hit the pet aisle first to pick up
cat litter and some Fancy Feast. Well, my feet walked right on over
there before I realized "oh".

Another cat will probably wander into my life. Just not yet.

Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to everyone and their owners.

Jill