Old December 8th 03, 02:06 PM
c.dossman

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

Last weekend it got sort of chilly in the Memphis, TN area. So I
brought in a couple of logs to build a fire. There was a ladybug on
one of the logs, which surprised me; I'd figured they'd all be dead by
now. I took the ladybug and placed it on the one remaining plant I
have (after Persia freaked at seeing that neighbors cat and knocked
over the plant stand).

Apparently that ladybug is still alive. Last night I was on the sofa,
watching some TV. I had a pillow I was resting my head on. Out of
the corner of my eye I saw this lady bug walking around on the pillow
by my face! I put my hand out and it crawled on my finger and I took
it back over to the plant.

A short while later, Persia was snuggled next to me on the sofa.
Suddenly she started staring up at the ceiling and turning her head
from side to side. (I've got a 22-foot vaulted ceiling in my living
room.) I looked up. Whatcha' see, Persia?! After some intense
scrutiny (and a little squinting on my part!) I saw it. Persia
spotted the ladybug, who apparently doesn't like my plant very much.
It was walking around waaaay up there on the ceiling!

What amazing eyesight they have.

Jill

Not to freak you out, but more than likely it is an asian beetle that
looks just like a lady bug but actually bites and emits an unpleasent
odor when provoked. We had them big time in Ohio this year due to the
over abundance of aphids and the beetles will hibernate in your house for
the winter and return out in spring. I got bit three times on the golf
course this fall and it hurts like hell.
Just an FYI