Old August 30th 03, 09:37 PM

jen.d wrote:

I definitely want to stay away from the drugs if possible (he has had
Elavil, which is the prozac, once before).

I can understand trying to avoid drugs if you can - why introduce another
complication, with potential side effects you don't want, into his life?
But I just want to say to the above comment that Prozac is nothing like
Elavil. Elavil is an old medication and definitely leaves a person (and
therefore, probably a cat, too) feeling drugged, whereas Prozac has far
fewer side effects (which is one reason for its popularity).

Joyce