Old August 30th 03, 11:29 PM
jen.d

I definitely want to stay away from the drugs if possible (he has had
Elavil, which is the prozac, once before).

I can understand trying to avoid drugs if you can - why introduce another
complication, with potential side effects you don't want, into his life?
But I just want to say to the above comment that Prozac is nothing like
Elavil. Elavil is an old medication and definitely leaves a person (and
therefore, probably a cat, too) feeling drugged, whereas Prozac has far
fewer side effects (which is one reason for its popularity).

Joyce

I've been told that Elavil is the version that they give to cats though (I
know there's a difference in the human prozac from elavil, becuase people
take elavil too). Least, that's what they said when Muggles got it. Do cats
actually get perscribed prozac proper?

Jen.