Old August 12th 04, 07:55 PM
Cathy Friedmann

"animzmirot" wrote in message
We have a cat who has regular nails at the top of his toes on his front
paws, and then a second set of nails going in the opposing direction on

the
bottom of his toes (curling up from the pad). The bottom set is dark brown
and has no discernable point to indicate where they should be cut. The top
nails are regular.

Has anyone ever seen this before? Do you know how to cut nails like this?

would hate to have to take him to the vet every time he needs a trim, but
his nails are getting really long on the bottom and it's apparent they

need
to be trimmed.

Thanks in advance,

Marjorie

I haven't heard of this, & am trying to picture it. When I first read the
subject line I was thinking "polydactyl", but that doesn't seem to be the
case, from your explanation. What does the vet say?

Cathy