Old May 8th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default Could I move to Scotland?!

"badwilson" wrote in message
I used to think that, when we lived in Canada. Oh how I yearned for
summer each year! I also hated being bundled up, shoes, socks all that
stuff. Then we moved to Thailand. O. M. G.
I will never yearn for heat again. Ever. It is *way* worse to be wearing
as little as humanly decent and still be sweating buckets. It is
incredibly draining to be hot all the time. It's depressing to start to
fear the sun, to feel locked into your airconditioned house because it's
too damn hot outside. To have a lovely yard that you never step foot in
because it's too hot.

Sounds the way I felt about cold after three years in Anchorage. Now we
have many summer days over 100 F.

I do have a painting in my living room of a lake in Alaska where we used to
camp. Snow covered mountains in August and the works. When it is really
hot here I can look at the picture for a while and actually feel cooler.

Jo