Old December 21st 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
bookie

Default Blind cat adoption tips?

CatNipped wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

CatNipped wrote:
I'm not disagreeing with you, but remember that humans were put into
ovens
too, in Auswitch.

My point is that being cruel to animals often goes hand in hand with
being
cruel to humans. Almost all serial killers started out their "careers"
by
torturing animals. If a person is sick enough to want to cause pain to
*ANY* sensate creature, that person is a danger to society and should be
permanently removed from society.

It's a moot point to me which is worse - both are unacceptable.

Of course - but that's not the point I made. The point I made was I
have seen some awful things in my lifetime but purposeful cruelty is
something I still cannot stomach. I don't care if it is to a dog, cat
or human baby - it's all horrible.

-L.

Yes, I know that, you know that - only Iben Getiner has missed the point so
badly that it didn't even mess up his hair as it flew by.

I was replying to Bookie who was talking about the teens who put a puppy in
the oven and slowly baked him to death, and pointing out that humans didn't
confine their sick imaginations to thinking of horrible ways to torture
animals - we've also done some pretty horrible things to each other as well.

And you're right, for me too accidental human death does not have the same
impact on my soul as deliberate infliction of pain on a sensate creature.
Anyone sick enough to do that needs to be swiftly and permanently removed
from our gene pool.

Hugs,

CatNipped

i agree,; willful cruelty to any creature is not the same as an
accident, that was what i was comparing, not cruelty to humans compared
to cruelty to puppies, although sometiimes for me (and me personally
and I am entitled to my opinion here and shoutign at me will not change
it) doing things like withholding medical help from an animal when that
animal can obviously not take itself to the vet is the worst, just
simply refusing to help a creature who is not in a position to help
itself or inflicting pain and suffering on a creature who cannot defend
itself. i am talking about deliberate harm here