Old April 13th 11, 03:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Gz

Default Cat Litter Question

On Mar 18, 11:46*pm, MLB wrote:
MaryL wrote:

"Rockinghorse Winner" wrote in message
Shopping for cat litter, I notice that there are two basic kinds of
the non
clumping kind (the cheap kind!): regualar and scented (multi-cat).

I am confused as to why it is marketed this way. wouldn't the highly
scented
kind be the preferable type for MOST cat owners, whether they have
1,2, or
more cats? Who, especially those like me who live in an apt., would not
prefer the litter that has more perfume?!

I realize some people may be allergic to scented litter, and some more
may
just not like the scent, but I would guess these are a minority. Why
is the
scented litter marketed as 'multi-cat,' rather than the less scented
stuff
sold as 'unscented,' 'hypoallergenic' or something like that?

*R* *H*
--

I can't answer your specific question, but I can tell you that I look
for as little scent as possible (preferably none). *Litter that is kept

MaryL

A couple of months ago, I tried a different litter. *TuTu was allergic
to it. *She did a lot of sneezing and got a stuffed up nose. *I went
back to World's Best Litter and she cleared up at once. * MLB

I'm Leary of dusty litter. I tried pine rod litter once and one cat
did not understand what it was for, but neat stuff.
Some cheap litters are too dusty.

Greg