Old September 21st 04, 01:35 AM
-L. :

"Phil P." wrote in message ...
"-L. :" wrote in message
om...
"Phil P." wrote in message

snippy

I have no tolerance for vets who simply
kill cats as part of a day's work.

Unfortunately, that's how a lot of vets and techs approach it -
especially if the guardian refuses to be present. One of the most
upsetting things I witnessed was a tech euthing an 8-week old FIP
kitten all the while laughing and joking with another tech. It was
just so damn disrespectful. I silently wept.

In my younger days when I volunteered in a municipal shelter, a vet tech
used an amphetamine to euthanize a cat - he thought it was funny to see the
cat bouncing off the walls of the cage until his heart exploded. Since the
tech thought it was so funny, I thought he would enjoy bouncing off the
walls, too, for about 20 minutes. I was wrong... he didn't enjoy it. I
don't think the tech will ever forget that cat.

How horrible. This kind of thing disturbs me but it becomes all too
common when people work in those situations for a long time. Some of
the stuff I have seen (research labs, primarily) just literally makes
me sick.

-L.