Old July 30th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad[_2_]

Default Earthquake in LA!

On 29 Jul 2008 23:34:50 GMT, wrote:
Jeanne wrote:

I'm laughing a bit - we had a 3.(something) in Indiana earlier this
year, and everyone was freaking out (we just don't get them here). In
California, they don't even notice them.

Unless the epicenter is right underneath you.

Last year I was sitting at my computer when I felt a brief, but rather
violent quake. I immediately looked it up on the USGS site, where I was
surprised (and a bit embarrassed) to discover that it was only a 3.2. OK,
there was no damage, and I still had electric power, but it was quite a
jolt. I was redeemed a bit when I saw that the epicenter was less than
a kilometer from my apartment building!

Purrs for east-LA'ers!

Also: the first 5.x+ earthquake I experienced was at night and I recall
yelling at the housemates that I was sleeping keep it down!
Bed's headboard was bashing against the wall....