Old March 25th 10, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default How very true!

Jofirey wrote:

"Stormmee" wrote in message
very good, Lee
"---MIKE---" wrote in message

A gnome is in the garden busily destroying some bushes when a house cat
appears. "What are you?" asks the cat.
"A gnome," comes the reply. "I steal food from humans, I kill their
plants, I make annoying music at night to drive them crazy, and I love
mischief. And what, may I ask, are you?"
The cat replies, "Um, I'm a gnome."

I have to ask for other peoples experience here. I've read of people
complaining about cats destroying plants or harming a garden. One of my
daughters neighbors went ballistic if a cat even looked at his
property. But I've had plenty of cats and lots of plants and never a
hint of a problem.

Anyone else have problems with cats and outdoor plants? I'm pretty much
convinced its something just made up by people that hate cats.

Jo

I don't think it was damage to his plants so much as using his garden as
a litter box that disturbed a former landlord. I bought him a supply of
pellets that were supposed to discourage cats. Apparently they worked
to his satisfaction. (And no, he did NOT hate cats - he wouldn't have
allowed them as tenants, if he had.)

Of course, cats and INDOOR plants are a separate problem - after several
experiences with eating and/or uprooting (including a very large
diefenbachia) I gave up trying.