Old February 24th 04, 03:13 AM
MaryL

"frigamia" wrote in message
. ..
This is written for people who are interested in knowing the truth. The
how's and why's of the way things happened and came out. I am not

expecting
any answers. This is not the purpose of it. I am not defending my actions.

am defending my love for cats. This is the only thing I intend to really
pass on. I am like you all. I love my babies and want the best for them.

So
here it goes... The truth.

*friendly hugs to the ones who want*
A new Mia, the real one.

Mia, it takes a great deal of courage to open up to a group of strangers as
you have. You have also expressed a transformation concerning declawing and
spaying, some of it learned in a very short period of time. You are to be
commended! I hope you carry through with your new attitude and pass it on
to others. We all have to learn. A number years ago, I almost had a cat
declawed simply because I didn't know what it entailed and people told me
"it was the thing to do." I am so grateful that I never went forth with
that procedure. We didn't have the Internet then, and it was many years
before I learned that declawing was amputation. Likewise, when I was
growing up many people would say that a cat should have at least one litter
(supposedly for the health of the mother cat). Utter nonsense, but it was a
common belief. So, as you said, we learn and evolve. Please make sure that
the new litter of kittens will be spayed before you let anyone else adopt
them. Otherwise, the pattern may repeat itself -- and, as others have
pointed out, even if kittens are successfully adopted to a loving home, that
leaves behind (abandoned) another cat that *might* otherwise have been
adopted.

Congratulations on your change of attitude and on the progress you have made
in your own sense of well-being.

MaryL
(take out the litter to reply)

Photos of Duffy and Holly: 'o'