Old October 22nd 04, 03:44 PM
Kreisleriana

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:22:27 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Bev wrote:
It was a terrible fight - the screams were enough to curdle your
blood.

(snip)
The king is dead -
long live the king.

Bev

I'm sorry, but this reminded me of a scene from the film 'Dances with
Wolves'. You may recall when he met the man who sent him to his post out
west... the guy folded his orders up into a tiny ball then gave a wierd
salute. And a few minutes later he was standing at the window saying "The
King is dead; long live the king" before blowing his brains out. Totally
whacked. John kept doing that funny salute when I said something nutso. He
cracks me up. We still can't figure out why Costner put that scene in the
movie.

Jill

I still can't figure out why he made "Waterworld" :P

I remember when that movie came out, I met my brother for lunch-- I
sat down across from him in the restaurant, and just said one word:
"Waterworld." He cracked up, and we both giggled like idiots for
awhile.

Speaking of Costner, I watched "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" laat
week, and that is one of the most schizo experiences I've ever had
watching a movie. Costner's flat-voiced, Valley Boy, mullet-headed
Robin Hood is pure agony, while Alan Rickman's insane Sheriff of
Nottingham is pure joy. That movie was when I fell in love with
Rickman.

"Recruit the beasts from the North."
"You mean . . . Celts!??"

"Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful
beheadings, and CALL OFF CHRISTMAS!"

"You. My room. 10:30 tonight. You. 10:45 -- and bring a friend."

"DO YOU MIND, Locksley? We've just been married!."

Theresa