Old October 22nd 04, 05:22 PM
jmcquown

Kreisleriana wrote:
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 07:22:27 -0500, "jmcquown"
yodeled:

Bev wrote:
It was a terrible fight - the screams were enough to curdle your
blood.

(snip)
The king is dead -
long live the king.

Bev

I'm sorry, but this reminded me of a scene from the film 'Dances with
Wolves'. You may recall when he met the man who sent him to his
post out west... the guy folded his orders up into a tiny ball then
gave a wierd salute. And a few minutes later he was standing at the
window saying "The King is dead; long live the king" before blowing
his brains out. Totally whacked. John kept doing that funny salute
when I said something nutso. He cracks me up. We still can't
figure out why Costner put that scene in the movie.

Jill

I still can't figure out why he made "Waterworld" :P

I remember when that movie came out, I met my brother for lunch-- I
sat down across from him in the restaurant, and just said one word:
"Waterworld." He cracked up, and we both giggled like idiots for
awhile.

Speaking of Costner, I watched "Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves" laat
week, and that is one of the most schizo experiences I've ever had
watching a movie. Costner's flat-voiced, Valley Boy, mullet-headed
Robin Hood is pure agony, while Alan Rickman's insane Sheriff of
Nottingham is pure joy. That movie was when I fell in love with
Rickman.

I don't "get" Costner, either. I never saw Waterworld or the other films
but even in 'The Bodyguard' his monotone delivery just left me flat. It
worked okay in 'Dances with Wolves' when he was allegedly reading from a
diary. But come on, put some life into it when you're suppose to be acting!

Give me Mel Gibson any time!

Jill