Old December 20th 03, 07:24 PM
Annie Wxill

wrote in message
om...
Our male indoor/outdoor, neutered cat came in yesterday evening with a
raw spot near his right armpit. He licks it quite a bit. No blood,
some plasma, looks like there are puncture marks from a plant, cactus?
(we're in Tucson AZ) These don't look like bite marks. It seems he is
making the puncture site holes (??) bigger as he keeps licking the
area. ...

-*-Bill

Hi Bill,
Could it be a snake bite?
Whatever it is, it is bothering your cat. I think that the licking may not
be a bad thing, because keeping the punctures open will allow any infection
to drain.
He should go to a vet because he may need an antibiotic.
Annie