Old February 17th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Some kind of attack

altheim wrote:
Our cat, now about fourteen years old, has recently started
having some sort of fit, or attack. Her legs give way, then she
rolls about threshing and squealing in agony. This lasts for a
few seconds, but then it seems to be over and she gets up and
carries on as normal. These fits are now occurring about once
every two to four days.

When it first happened I suspected heart attack, but if it were
that I don't think she would be able to scream. It didn't look like
an epileptic fit to me and a stroke should leave her debilitated
in some way.

I'm guessing!

I should take her to the vet but there is nothing visible to show
him. She is otherwise quite healthy. She eats, drinks and 'goes'
normally, as far as I can tell. We buy her ordinary supermarket
cat food. She sleeps indoors.

Anyone know what's happening?

Nope, but as others have said, it's definitely vet time.

One of my cats had seizures, which I did not recognize as such. But
when I described the symptoms to my vet, she said, "I'm quite sure she
was having a seizure." And, one of the times I had that particular cat
at the vet, she exhibited the symptoms in the examining room. Vet
therefore witnessed it & confirmed "Seizure."

So... even if your cat acts perfectly normally while at the vet appt.,
it most likely won't be in vain.

Cathy

--
altheim