Old February 18th 06, 09:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Some kind of attack

"-L." wrote:
wrote:

Nope, but as others have said, it's definitely vet time.

One of my cats had seizures, which I did not recognize as such. But
when I described the symptoms to my vet, she said, "I'm quite sure she
was having a seizure." And, one of the times I had that particular cat
at the vet, she exhibited the symptoms in the examining room. Vet
therefore witnessed it & confirmed "Seizure."

Just out of curiousity, what were her symptoms? I have seen some weird
seizure symptoms...

I'm not quite sure what is meant by 'seizure'. It could mean
anything, yet the Op above, writes it 'Seizure' - in uppercase -
like it means something specific. I'd be sceptical of any vet
who said that. I'd want an explanation.

Anyway, the symptom that stands out in my mind is that
her legs seem to give way - she falls over - and that is
when she begins howling. I wonder if it could be fear
rather than pain? There's no frothing at the mouth, no sign
of breathlessness or anything like that, and it only lasts a
few seconds.

--
altheim