Old February 18th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav

Default Some kind of attack

wrote:
altheim wrote:

I should take her to the vet but there is nothing visible to show
him. She is otherwise quite healthy. She eats, drinks and 'goes'
normally, as far as I can tell. We buy her ordinary supermarket
cat food. She sleeps indoors.

Not only can the vet see stuff we don't, they know the right questions
to ask to find out the stuff you saw but didn't realize it.

[snip for brevity]
I went to the vet that day, thinking it was an old injury with no
treatment. I just wanted to know what it was. I came away knowing my
dog had a serious condition that could be controlled easily, but
*needed* to be controlled, or it could kill her.

Your vet knows a ton more than you do, that's why they studied all this
stuff. They will know what to look for, what to check, and what to ask.

This isn't in dispute. I coulda just taken the cat to the vet and
not bothered with you guys. What is this group for if not to
talk about cats health and behaviour?

I think I was deeply mistaken about the 'expertise' here.

--
altheim