Old January 27th 14, 05:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav,free.usenet,free.spirit
John Doe

Default will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?

Cat food is not like people food. More expensive cat food simply
means higher quality, not frills and thrills. You can see that
plainly by the fact that the cheap food Friskies has lots of
pretty colors that the cat couldn't care less about, while the
expensive food Pro Plan is basically the same color because the
cat couldn't care less what color its food is. Friskies has pretty
colors because food coloring is cheap and because some people
(like this Google Groups troll) are fooled into thinking pretty
colors are better. In fact, the more you spend, the better the cat
food. So you should buy whatever you can afford. It's for their
health, it has nothing to do with pampering them. Absolutely
nothing to do with pampering them. It's a plane and simple concern
for their health. Again, cat food is not like people food. If it
were, I might have a different opinion on the subject.

--

Newsgroups: rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2014 00:06:16 -0800 (PST)
Subject: will it hurt to feed them one bag of Friskies?
From: IBen Getiner LloydsEelAaron aol.com

On Saturday, January 11, 2014 3:55:12 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:
All my indoor cats were once neighborhood strays. But I like to feed

them better foods like Pro plan or science diet. Unfortunately,

instead of the online merchant shipping Pro plan, they shipped

Friskies. Will it hurt to feed them a big bag of Friskies? I promise

not to make it a habit.

So what's wrong with Friskies? We've been feeding it to our cat for at least ten years now with no ill-effects. I swear... you people and your politically correct, knee-jerk BULLKRAP. You've always got to jump on the PC bandwagon against some time-honored product with an impeccable reputation. Like cats aren't supposed to drink milk and dogs aren't supposed to have chocolate. All of the things Americans have been doing for from well before any of you were ever born. The old ways are the best ways. Always. So leave well-enough alone. That's my advice.