Old August 25th 10, 06:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
tivoglio

Default Magic the beautiful guy

On Aug 25, 9:45*am, "Barb" wrote:
Really loved your story.

I walk my cat outside on a leash. *She only likes to walk on pavement which
is fine with me- less chance of fleas. *The other cat has to wear a leash on
the back deck because she has hopped the fence. *There was absolutely no
problem getting either of them to use a leash.

When I had Siamese I found there was a lot of throwing up. *It was kind of
routine.

Best of luck helping Magic,

Barb

Thanks, Barb. I used to walk Magic on a leash because he was so fast
and strong, but over the last year, he has become a lot slower -
perhaps because his courage has eroded so much - and he really hates
the leash. He usually walks with me in the yard or on pavement and I
can stop him rather quickly when he tries to gobble grass. This might
be part of his problem - he's demoralized because he's not the mighty
warrior he was when I found him, ranging outside at will, hunting and
frolicking unfettered at a million miles per hour. I know that pet
owners attribute human qualities to their little creatures, but this
guy is SMART - and very sensitive. He did move like lightning a few
nights ago. Grabbed a mouse and ran inside the house with it! The
mouse got away, and it wasn't until 5AM that he flushed it out and
grabbed it again. I took him outside and freed the mouse, much to his
displeasure. So far, I calculate that Magic has caused me to lose
7,299 hours of sleep!