Old July 19th 10, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB[_2_]

Default Smudgie is Lost! But I Know Where She Is!!!!

Sharon & Smudgie wrote:
Bumping this to the top I'm logging on all the time hoping to see
"Smudgie's Home!"- could you post it in this thread as well when she
is as I have it set at work to update me when someone posts to the
thread?

We are sending purrs...tons of purrs....megatons of
purrs......gigatons of purrs.....

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Hi Everyone

Well, we went trapping all weekend until after midnight but nothing.
Smudgie hasn't been seen since last Tueday by Kylie and I'm wondering
whether she has found somewhere else to sleep and hunt? We have had heavy
rain on and off for the past few days, and she hates getting wet, so perhaps
that put her off going to the woods. I believe she was spending the daytime
elsewhere and going into the woods only at night as she was always seen on
her way into the woods or in the shrubbery on the edge of the trees around
9.30 at night.

Now my problem is where exactly has she moved on to? Luckily my DH is off
work this week so he will put some posters up on the estate on the other
side of the woods and fields and pop leaflets through doors there. It will
be 3 weeks on Wednesday Kylie said Smudgie will be feral now because of
her instinct to get food and water, even if she has to fight for it. That
made me smile I must admit cos Smudgie has always been super feisty and I
can imagine her behaving like that cartoon Tasmanian Devil, wizzing about
like a tornado and scoffing all the cat food left out within a 2 mile
radius!

If only I knew where she was now, when she was being seen at the woods every
night I felt certain we would have got her back by now. Now she could be
anywhere and I don't know where to start. Her "cat nav" needs some fine
tuning that's for sure!

Thanks for the continuing purrs, I'm sure she can hear them but she doesn't
know they are to guide her home!

Sharon

Perhaps we should direct purrs and prayers to specific longitude and
latitude.....of the wooded area and surroundings. Best wishes. MLB