Old April 15th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes

Default faint shriek, faint Enid's vet bill.

newsWU_f.6942$EA3.6909@dukeread10...

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
You will not believe Enid's vet bill that came today.

The vet did warn me that the bill would escalate to 200 pounds if I went
for the endoscopy so I said to hold off for a couple of days to see how
the antibiotics worked and if they didn't I'd think again.

The invoice is for 233 pounds 30 pence and Enid never got the endoscopy,
as she died before it came about. Everything is itemised, but for g sake
who in their right mind would spend all this money on a goose when you
can buy another for less than 20 quid, a bit more sometimes.

I am not best pleased. I would like to have saved Enid for Shylock's
sake but really.. a goose is a goose, he would have got fond of another
in couple of weeks.
Waiting for the necropsy results.

Tweed
stunned

It that is what the vet said, then I would question the bill. Call the
vet directly and don't rely on staff.

MaryL

The bill seems to be computer generated and everything is itemised so I
don't think it's open to me saying I don't agree with it. I guess what they
did is what they did and that's what it cost sigh

I was fond of Enid, she was sweet, but having poultry living down in the
garden is not the same as having cats and dogs living with you, which you
get to love. I would spend my last penny on them.

I wanted to do the best for her, but at the same time I am surprised that
the vet allowed the bill to get this much out of control and still have a
dead goose to show for it. It's ridiculous.

I was speaking to my friend tonight. She took her dog to the same surgery
last week after a fight (after normal hours) as her mouth would not stop
bleeding, she had to have a dental operation as her gum was split very
badly. She was kept in overnight, operated on, all necessary dental work
done, including cleaning and extractions, repair of the palate which had
been punctured, by taking a flap from somewhere else (forget where, she did
tell me..) and all for £30 more than Enid's bill.

Are they taking the p?

Tweed