Old March 17th 14, 03:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Arthur Rubin

Default Selective pet feeder recommendations

Please suggest other groups this should be submitted to.... It's been a long time since I've accessed Usenet or Google groups.

I'm looking for a feeder which only one cat can use; I have three cats here, and one of them can be free-fed. Others should be on a restricted diet.

I tried the WonderBowl, and I (per consumer reviews, which I didn't read first) couldn't attach the fob to his collar in such a way as the bowl stayed open. That being the least expensive option (~$60), I thought I would ask for advice before trying more expensive options (~$100 to ~$250).

Any ideas? He (and one of the other cats) have a harness and have had a collar; the third cat _could_ have a harness and collar if necessary. (One of the feeders advertised on the net had options to program separately for up to 8 animals.) All of the feeders I've seen advertized on the Web, except for the WonderBowl and the most expensive RFID tag system, warned that some cats cannot use the feeders because they don't remain at the proper angle for sensor detection while eating.

Arthur Rubin
Brea, California