Old April 21st 12, 11:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Driving back from the supermarket today

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"MaryL" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

Through a little industrial estate, a cat popped his head out between two
parked cars and was about to cross in front of me. I stopped to let him,
despite two cars behind me and when he did I saw that he was quite thin,
and
if I ever saw a wandering unneutered tomcat, that was one.
However much I wanted to get out of my car and grab him to neuter him and
change his life, I didn't. Because maybe he was like KFC, he had a good
home and had kidney failure that was being treated and that's why he was
thin and he doesn't want anyone to snatch him from the street. I have no
evidence that he was a wandering tom with all his equipment intact, but he
sure looked like one.
He had almost the same markings as Boyfriend, and didn't look in the first
flush of youth so maybe there was a very active tabby boy in the
neighbourhood 9 or 10 years ago.
He was thin.
He seemed OK and went about his business after I stopped my car so I
didn't
run over him. I might have killed him so easily as he was about to run
out
in front of my car.
I cannot imagine how I would feel if I killed a cat even accidentally.

Tweed

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Years ago (when I was only about 12 years old), our minister killed our
cat in our own driveway. I can still remember my little sister standing
there with tears streaming down her face, and the minister was devastated.
There really wasn't any way he could avoid it. He did not actually run
over the cat; instead, the cat came bounding out and hit the *side* of the
tire. But it was still heartbreaking to all of us, and our minister felt
just as I know you were describing.

MaryL

I am waiting for a new cat and I want this boy if he is lost
he only has to come 750 yards or so to be here, to change his life for the
better.
He will rid be of his err, nuptial things and be happy, looking at ratties
and having a duvet.
He was so thin, but maybe he was a CRF kitty who got out,. who knows?

I know you have been waiting for a new cat, and I hope this will be "the
one." It sounds like he could use a good home and loving care.

MaryL