Old June 23rd 03, 03:31 PM
Agua Girl

"Cat Protector" wrote in message
news:VRyJa.68095$Dr3.17283@fed1read02...
Again, I don't see how you can feel emotions are learned when in fact they
just can happen. The human psyche is just that. Yes some things can be
taught like smelling a flower, or tasting food. But pure emotions like

love
can't be taught, they simply happen.

You say that "it's not possible that they can feel a learned emotion

without
having had the experience that would have taught it. It doesn't work that
way, I don't care what Spock says." Could it be fear that drives your
viewpoint. How do you know what you say is true? It sounds like you are a
being a bit close minded.

I know it as well as I know 2 + 2 is 4. I learned it in college.
This isn't an opinion...it's what is taught The entire medical
community could be wrong. They were wrong about the world
being flat and they think dogs can't see colors
but the pet psychic on tv is always saying this dog or that dog likes
his red blanket. I'm just telling you what is the current
understanding (by the experts, not by me) of how emotions work.
BTW..the TV show merely said there were other forms of intelligence...
didn't say that cats got humiliated when you put on bunny ears.

As an anecdotal example. We had a golden retriever and ever
summer she shed like crazy. We took her to a new groomer who
suggested shaving her (not completely) before shedding season began.
So we agreed. She came out all happy wagging her tail which now
had this ridiculous puff on the end. I took one look at her and freaked...
what had they done to my dog. Tail stopped wagging, confused look...
Groomer and hubby both shushed me at the same time that I realized
what I had done. I immediately told her how gorgeous she looked, how
wonderful the cut was. From then on she happily got that stupid cut
(sans puffy tail) every summer and couldn't be happier. She only knew
to be humiliated or embarrassed by my negative input. She didn't get
embarrassed the moment she was cut..she learned to be by my input.

Get it?

AG