Old October 1st 03, 06:57 PM
Patricia Corron

Default Cat with a Limping Front Leg (Paw)

Hey Everyone,

This is my first time posting and I need a little bit of advice.

I have a five year old neutered male named Eddie. He is a strictly
indoor cat, but does venture out on the balcony.

I noticed the other day that his right front paw was being held up and
he had a limp. The limp was strange, after he got up and about from
resting it would be a very intense limp. After he was able to move
around a bit his limp was almost gone.

I checked for fever, cuts, scratches, red or swallen paw, bumps, any
noticeble broken areas or bones and nothing seems to be a miss. Even
when I touched his leg or put pressure on it he would not act in pain
or even pull away.

So I called my vet, and the advice given to me was that he might have
a sprain and to watch him over the next couple days to see if his
condition improved.

After two days his condition seemed to be completely back to normal as
if nothing was wrong at all.

But just last night he started having his limp again, and now it is
even worse. The limp is now to the point where he is hopping and not
using his leg or foot except to stand for tiny moments, the rest of
the time he holds his paw up and not allowing it to touch the ground.
Also when he is resting or sleeping he curls his hurt foot/leg under
him. I also noticed he started sneezing but that might be something
different, I noticed he had a tiny red spot on the split of his nose,
that could make his nose aggitated. I made a homemade splint for his
leg to ease any pain for him, until he can be brought in to see the
vet.

Does anyone have any advice or has anyone had this same problem before
and can you let me know what happened?
Thanks I really appreciate everyone's help on this matter.

Patricia Corron