Old March 1st 07, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John Ross Mc Master

Default cat trees and fostering

On 27 Feb 2007 05:36:42 -0800, "Jane" wrote:

My tax return came in (yeah, I got people), and this year I decided to
buy a cat tree for the Princess Rita. A nice tall one to set in the
window so she won't have to climb up on the bookcase and sit
uncomfortably. There was nothing in the local pet stores that
appealed to me, so I found this site and got this one for her:

http://www.cozycatfurniture.com/catg...towertree.html

Looks great!

I think she'll like it. You know you got it bad when the tax return
is earmarked for a cat tree.

(Rita says, "It's only right and natural. Good servant.")

Meanwhile, my sister is getting quite a rep as a foster mom! They
didn't want to get another pet after Topaz went to the Bridge, because
they are considering moving, so she signed up to foster cats. Turns
out, she has a knack for dealing with the most troubled cases, calming
them down and socializing them so they can be adopted out more
easily. Must be the nurse thing. So they've got 3 of them at home
now, just being loved up silly. They've having a blast.

About the fostering. I do that too. One small tip about cat
trees/scratching posts/etc. Hopefully this will never come up, but....
If any of the cats develop ringworm or anything else that lingers in
the environment, throw away the tree/post etc. I learned the hard way
they can act as carriers for the fungus.

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita