Old June 2nd 07, 07:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Rhonda

Default I gave away my cats, I'm heartbroken

farm to do a job -- not be pampered or loved.

If the humans remember to feed them, that's a good day, but otherwise
they are considered workers who need to keep down the rodent population
(and sometimes starve trying.)

Also, the cats will have lots of itchy fleas and probably vet care only
if they have an open wound that is noticed.

Barns do not provide much comfort. They get incredibly cold.

Go get them and take care of them. They will adjust to your new life,
just as you will.

Rhonda

223rem wrote:
I will be moving from a house in a suburban/semi-rural area to an
apartment in a big metropolis. Now my cats can go out whenever they
want and in fact they spend more time outdoors than indoors. They love
to roam, climb trees, hunt, etc. They'd probably go nuts if confined
in an apartment.

To my surprise, my landlord, who always pets my cats when he rans into
them, offered to take my cats and 'give them a good home' in a barn on
his 50 acre farm. They'll probably become "barn cats"! This guy is a
honorable man, he's proven that many times, so he'll keep his promise.

Well, I accepted his offer, and now I'm extremely sad... Was I wrong?
What would you have done in my place?