Old July 8th 03, 04:39 PM
ParrotRob

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
It would be easier (and better) to wrap the PVC with sisal rope. It's
better to encourage scratching on a surface OTHER than carpet and many
cats prefer the sisal anyway.

Easier?! Have you ever actually DONE that? We've built cat furniture with
sisal-wrapped wood and it is an ENORMOUS pain in the ass. Not to mention
you need 40-50 FEET (depending on the rope) of sisal rope to wrap a single
foot-long section of 4" PVC. We've got a 6 1/2 foot tall tree with all the
verticals wrapped in sisal - well over a THOUSAND feet of sisal-wrapping.
Plus, all that sisal can get expensive, too.