Old February 26th 04, 04:07 AM
John Biltz

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 18:43:28 -0800, LynC wrote
(in article ):

Thanks for replies. I have the plastic lid containers and have recently
started to give both cats only a quarter of the canned food and they still
don't eat it. They only lick up the gravy and then want dry food. They are
a creature of habit and beg and claw at my legs for the canned food and then
turn their noses up. Happens every single night.

They do have fresh water and drink a lot more of it since this has been
happening over time.

I guess as they mature, they have changed eating habits as well. I dunno.
Stumped.

Maya did the same thing. She would lick the gravy and leave the rest. I
stopped feeding it to her. She wasn't eating it so the simple truth was
the nutritional value didn't matter because, like I said she wasn't
eating it. I started off figuring if I would feed it every other day
maybe she would start eating it again. So over the next few weeks I just
kept lengthening the interval and then I stopped. Every 3 or 4 days I
treat them with some tuna. I was feeding her the canned food and leaving
out dry food so when I stopped the canned food I went to a quality dry
food. The cost of the canned food offset the new cost of the quality dry
food nicely and she loved the new food. So everyone was happy about it.