Old July 29th 09, 06:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Sylvia M[_3_]

Default Musical interlude

turns to Anaïs,
Hun,. yu ar soo talemted an multyfazited!
Turnz tu Japanese bob-tail kitties
I wyll hav uh bit ov eetsh purrleeez an fangu.
An set up anudder dish furr mine wink.

Pit2nya

"Mme. Anaïs ^..^" wrote in message
[The full moon is out at Little Lake, as the
community cats are napping, chasing butterfiles or
playing. Anaïs, Hercule and Mercurio are talking,
and then nod in agreement. In front of them, a
small stage materializes, then a baby grand, a
saxaphone and a bass. Hercule picks up the sax,
Mercurio the bass, and Anaïs sits at the piano. In
a voice much deeper than her petite size would
belie, she starts to play and sings]

"Some day he'll come along,
The cat I love
[she meows: dis iz wif apologies to George
Gerwishin - then resumes singing]
And he'll be big and strong,
The cat I love
And when he comes my way
I'll do my best to make him stay. [winks at Tiger]

He'll look at me and smile
I'll understand ;
And in a little while,
He'll take my paw;
And though it seems absurd,
I know we both won't say a word

[Hercule plays a mellow, but complex solo in the
style of Charlie "the Bird" Parker]

He'll build a little home
Just meant for two,
From which I'll never roam,
Who would - would you ?
And so all else above
I've found for the cat I love."

[she blows a kiss at Tiger]

"Ummmm, awl ob dat singing makes myseff hungry -
for sushi!"

[the Inspector] "Ahhh, no worries [meows into his
cell phone, and within minutes a porter twinkles,
and Hiura-san - the Itame (sushi-chef) from the
Young's Island adventure - appears, followed by
three Japanese bob-tail kitties. They unpack a
small sushi-bar, and boxes of fish, seaweed and a
rice-cooker, and set up]

[Hiura-san] Ahhhh, Meow, Anaïs! [deftly rolls a
futo-maki] Wood yoo like a sammon-skin roll? Any
ofur kitty want some sushi, sashemi or futo-maki?

--
Purrs,

Mme. Anaïs

soul.â€