Old June 18th 10, 07:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell[_2_]

Default Crevettes?

"MLB" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
What are they?
I bought some today in the bargain bin box at Tesco, half price.
They were in an opaque bag but by the feel of them they are very large
prawns, shell on.
I can always make a meal from prawns - I love them.

Tina

According to Wikipedia, crevette is the french word for shrimp...

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/crevette

Nah, they are far too big.
Shrimps are very small (language difference, USA call prawns shrimp I
think) but if they are prawns, they would call them that. These are some
sort of massive prawn-type thingie.
Tweed

Old saying: "A rose by any other name would smell the same". MLB

I now have it on good authority from my food group (which is where I should
have sent this post in the first place) that crevettes are not shrimps or
prawns, but freshwater crayfish.
I told you they were too big to be prawns ;-)
Tweed