Old July 19th 09, 07:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

Default "Missing Cat" Flyers delivered

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 19:19:43 +1000, "Yowie"
wrote:

Walked around the neighbourhood despite the 'flu to do a letterbox drop of
an A6 sized flyer (thats 1/4 of an A4) with Shadow's picture and my contact
details on it. I met a few people, but although they were very sympathetic
(even the big burley guy with the growling & barking rotties) no-one had
seen her.

Unfortunatley couldn't get to the front of the big retirement complex that
has its back in our street to do the letterboxes there - by the time I'd
done my street I was shaking & wobbly and dead-on-my-feet. What gruesome
timing for 'flu.

There's no roadkill anywhere, for which I am truly grateful. No 'found' ads
in the papers, the RSPCA hasn't got her (as far as they know... not very
helpful) and she hasn't been handed into the local vet. Thankfully she is
chipped but I hadn't thought of getting a collar for her, now I really wish
I did.

One neighbour did try to cheer me with a story of her cat coming home after
three months, no worse for wear, bless her, but there's that growing feeling
that she's gone...

Yowie

Oh, I do hope Shadow is hiding close by, and somebody who has seen a
flyer, will see her, and contact you, very soon.

Or, perhaps some kind person has taken her in, and when they see your
flier, will telephone you, and return her.

Sending purrs for both Shadow and for you.

- Robert Heinlein