Old October 27th 04, 12:04 AM
Karen Chuplis

in article , Bobcat at
wrote on 10/26/04 3:43 PM:

If you don't think cats can dominate a household, we've had a gap in
our living room ever since we moved a comfy chair into the dining room
because the cats wanted it in there (it takes too long to explain).
This week we noticed a beautiful restored chair in a local upholstery
repair shop. It was on sale at a discount price, so we bought it and
set it in our living room. Two of our cats (who'll remain nameless)
strolled in, spotted the chair and made a beeline for it. You could
read on their furry faces what they were thinking: - "Aha! A big new
scratching post!" We quickly covered it with a sheet and headed for
the stores to find a chair throw for our purchase. No luck. So we
bought one on the Internet. It'll be delivered on Friday - for about
the same amount we saved with the discount on the chair. Cats!!!

Are you sure they didn't think "big new bed"?