Old December 21st 07, 06:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default The stigma of owning a cat.

Suddenly, without warning, David McCracken exclaimed (12/21/2007 2:16 AM):
Hi everyone:

I haven't posted in this forum in a long while, but have always found it
full of great people with much knowledge and love for cats. So I
immediately thought of this newsgroup when I wanted to share this
perspective about cat ownership.

I'm wondering first if this is just my imagination...if other cat owners out
there have felt the sting of this stigma. Perhaps people just have a hard
time linking a 6 foot, 2-inch, 235-pound male to two little kitties instead
of, say, a Doberman.

Would appreciate any thoughts or experiences.

Thanks again and happy holidays.

Not just cats. I got a lot of grief from one of my bosses because I had
to leave work to deal with a colicky horse.

Fortunately, the people I work with now are very understanding, many of
them are "furkids only" families, so they understand the importance of a
pet when there's no kids in the house.

jmc