Old July 3rd 08, 10:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Default Crass?

Baha via CatKB.com u18616@uwe wrote:

Christina Websell wrote:

It did upset me a bit to be called
"anti-American" though. Is that how you all perceive me?

Oh HELL no! I've never inferred anything anti-American, anywhere from you. I
don't blame you for wanting to pull your hair out at what may have been
certain comments suggesting that we can do things in the US that a person in
the UK can not do. "Well, we can do this" is counterproductive to the problem
at hand

As one of the people who used that phrase, I would like to clarify that
I said it *not* to rub Tweed's face in what we could do that she couldn't,
but because I wasn't sure if she was right. This was because I thought she
might have been confusing sub-q fluids with IV. Now it's quite clear that
she wasn't confused about that at all, but at the time, I didn't know that
for sure. So when I said, "We can do that in the US," my intent was to say,
"It's perfectly legal here, and our countries aren't *that* different -
are you *sure* you can't do it there?"

I have posted this before, but since this is still being discussed, I
thought I'd better say it again. I would never rub someone's face in any
advantage I had that they didn't, especially when that advantage might
be extremely beneficial to their sick kitty if they could only do it. I
agree that this would be unproductive, not to mention cruel.

Meanwhile, I've been put in my place as to what Tweed knows and doesn't
know about what is legal in her own country.

BTW, how is the feisty old dame?

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^