Old September 19th 12, 06:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ann791

Default Shedding!

On 9/19/2012 8:57 AM, dgk wrote:
On Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:13:41 -0400,
(---MIKE---) wrote:

Tiger loves the Zoom Groom too. I give him a good brushing before
breakfast every morning. Amber prefers the "Love Glove" which Tiger
doesn't like.

---MIKE---

In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44� 15' N - Elevation 1580')

None of my cats likes being brushed with either Zoom Groom or anything
else. Espy was the worst; he would bolt as soon as the first swipe
occurred. Sometimes I would force him to submit and it is amazing how
he could squirm away from the brush. He never liked being touched in
any way. Once in a great while he would climb into my lap and accept a
bit of petting - this was considered a great honor in the house.

We have had cats that learned to like being brushed. We would brush them
a few strokes and then praise them and give them a treat. In our case it
was a piece of their dry food as none of our cats really like cat treats.

Ann