Old December 11th 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.rescue
kraut

Default Las Vegas starving cat

Don't want to take it to shelter because it may be put down or locked
up ?!?!? It sounds like it is starving to death but yet don't take it
to a shelter where it MIGHT have a chance to find a home. Even if it
was put down would that really be worse then starving to death on the
streets ?? Or possibly dying of some disease which it might have ??

Being put down isn't always the worse options you know even though
some people would prefer to keep an animal alive no matter what it has
to go through !!

I was doing a search for stray cats and how to deal with them when I came
across your website. There is a stray outside of my apartment complex (near
UNLV) that has obviously been stray for a long time. It is very friendly and
loves to be petted but very skinney. When I pet it all I feel are bones. I
have been giving it a bit of turkey sandwich meat so at least it is eating
something. I can't take a cat in but I don't want to call animal control
and have it be locked up or put down. I don't know what to do for this poor
thing.
Help!